msb

Default Inserting Symbols

i am currently working on a report that displays variances for 2004 and
2005. What I am trying to do is build an If statement or a Macro which
will allow me to represent the variance in symbolic form.

For example:
if the difference for a certain field is -10, i would like to represent
that by 10*(arrow pointing down)..so that graphically the user can see
that the difference of last year and this year is down by 10percent...

i hope i am making myself clear, but the problem is that there is no
'insert symbol' in excel! i am working with excel 2000.

thanks! ur help is highly apprecited.

--
msb
msb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26544

Dave Peterson

You could open CharMap
(Windows start button|run|Charmap)
and copy|paste (and format the cell or character with that font).

or...

Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower).
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
(look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version)