rbs1121

Default Cell Contents cut off from viewing

In Excel 2000, when you open a spreadsheet and enter data into a cell, if the
data are too long for the cell, they will spill over into the cell in the
next column. This is what I prefer. However, something has changed in my
spreadsheet so that the extra data are now cut off on the display (They're
still in the cell.), as though there were data in the next column. What do I
do about this? (What did I change, and how can I get the original display
mode back?)

Thanks.
DNA

Sounds like text wrapping...

Right click on the cell go to Format Cells and check the Alignment tab.

HTH

rbs1121

Sorry. I forgot to add some information. The text isn't wrapping; the excess
text isn't appearing. "Wrap text," "Shrink to fit," and "Merge cells" are all
unchecked. Alignment is General/Bottom (Horizontal/Vertical). Nothing seems
to be wrong with the cell, except that the excess characters don't display.

"rbs1121" wrote:

In Excel 2000, when you open a spreadsheet and enter data into a cell, if the
data are too long for the cell, they will spill over into the cell in the
next column. This is what I prefer. However, something has changed in my
spreadsheet so that the extra data are now cut off on the display (They're
still in the cell.), as though there were data in the next column. What do I
do about this? (What did I change, and how can I get the original display
mode back?)

Thanks.

DNA

What about the cell just to the right of the one you're talking about...

rbs1121

It has no data in it, and the formatting is identical to the other one. (No
merging, wrapping text, etc.).

"DNA" wrote:

What about the cell just to the right of the one you're talking about...

DNA

What is your alignment set to for this cell (i.e., right justified, left,
center, etc.)?

rbs1121

"General," as selected under "Format Cells" and "Alignment."

"DNA" wrote:

What is your alignment set to for this cell (i.e., right justified, left,
center, etc.)?

rbs1121