Robert N.

Default How can I change the orientation of a worksheet title to vertical.

The number of worksheets in my workbook is to much to see all worksheet tabs
at the same time. How can i reduce the width of each the worksheet tabs, for
example by viewing the titles vertical ?
Gary's Student

The titles cannot displayed vertically, but you can rename them to single
character names to make the tabs smaller.
--
Gary's Student

"Robert N." wrote:

The number of worksheets in my workbook is to much to see all worksheet tabs
at the same time. How can i reduce the width of each the worksheet tabs, for
example by viewing the titles vertical ?

David McRitchie

Hi Robert, and Gary's Student,
Reducing to a single character would be too limiting on the number of tabs you have,
and how are you going to know what the "Q" and the "R" tabs are for?

Your main tool for working with a large number of tabs is to know where to find them
so suggest sorting your tabs with a macro. If you have dates for tabs you should have
them as "2005_0831" or some such indication with numbers and not with names
like "Aug 31 2005" which will not sort properly (not the way you want them anyway)..
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#sortallsheets

Other features available are to right click on the sheet tab navigation buttons (far left, left, right, far right arrows)
select a sheet, or choose "more sheets".

If not familiar with installing and using macros see
---
HTH,