barklek

Default using the count function

I have 5 departments and I am trying to count the number of yes votes for
each dept, is this possible
Anne Troy

Sure. It's called Countif. See this article:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel.h tm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"barklek" wrote in message
I have 5 departments and I am trying to count the number of yes votes for
each dept, is this possible

Paul Sheppard

barklek Wrote:
I have 5 departments and I am trying to count the number of yes votes
for
each dept, is this possible

Hi barklek

You could do this with a Pivot Table, Data Pivot Table

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=397675

Dave Peterson

I like the pivot table option, too.

But you could use a bunch of formulas like:
=sumproduct(--(a2:a99="dept#1"),--(b2:b99="yes"))

Or you could use another column:
=if(b2="yes",1,0)
and drag down

Then sort your data by department and use data|subtotals.