Jonibenj

Default Formatting numbers within combined links

I have a formula which is combining text with linked values from another
sheet, and I want to format those numbers with bold texting and a
different font size so they stand out from the other text. How can I
do this?

Jonathan

--
Jonibenj
Jonibenj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17048

Gary Brown

As a formula (vs straight text), I don't believe it can be done...at least
thru v2000 (you didn't tell us what version you're working under), BUT I'm
putting a 'Notify me of replies' on this in case someone does know of a way
around this because, just as you see a need for this, I can too.
Good Luck,
--
Gary Brown

"Jonibenj" wrote:

I have a formula which is combining text with linked values from another
sheet, and I want to format those numbers with bold texting and a
different font size so they stand out from the other text. How can I
do this?

Jonathan

--
Jonibenj
Jonibenj's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=397424

Dave Peterson

You are correct, sir.

Formulas can't use this kind of formatting--and neither can numeric values (only
text supports this).

"Jonibenj" wrote:

I have a formula which is combining text with linked values from another
sheet, and I want to format those numbers with bold texting and a
different font size so they stand out from the other text. How can I
do this?

Jonathan

--
Jonibenj