michael g

Default empty rows at bottom of worksheet

My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that
affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how
i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows?
becky

Michael

If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying
glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the
Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print. There are
solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft
page breaks. Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and
drag it up to the bottom of the document. Everything in white is what will
print, everything is grey will not print. See if this helps.

Becky

"michael g" wrote:

My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that
affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how
i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows?

Gord Dibben

Michael

You cannot get rid of those rows, but you can reset the used range that
affects the scrollbar travel.

Find your end of data and select the row below.

SHIFT + END + DownArrow to select all rows below.

EditDeleteEntire Rows.

Same for all columns to the right of data.

Save the workbook at this point. You may have to close then re-open to see
changes.

For more on this subject see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Gord Dibben Excel MVP