mitch

Default Sheet deletion

Hi,
I am using excel 2003. When I delete a workbook sheet, it doesn't prompt me
to delete, it automatically does it. How can I have excel prompt me for
workbook sheet deletion? Thanks.

Mitch
Chip Pearson

Mitch,

Somehow, the DisplayAlerts property got set to False. Open the
VBA Editor (ALT+F11), then open the Immediate Window (CTRL+G),
and enter the following:

Application.DisplayAlerts = True

and press Enter.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"mitch" wrote in message
I am using excel 2003. When I delete a workbook sheet, it
doesn't prompt me
to delete, it automatically does it. How can I have excel
prompt me for
workbook sheet deletion? Thanks.

Mitch

Dave Peterson

This is a change to excel.

If you never "used" that worksheet, excel won't bother with the prompt.

You could put something in any old cell and then hit delete (to clear the
cell). You'll be prompted again.

mitch wrote:

Hi,
I am using excel 2003. When I delete a workbook sheet, it doesn't prompt me
to delete, it automatically does it. How can I have excel prompt me for
workbook sheet deletion? Thanks.

Mitch

--

Dave Peterson
Chip Pearson

If you never "used" that worksheet, excel won't bother with the
prompt.

Are you sure about that? I just opened a brand new workbook,
tried to delete Sheet3, and got the prompt. This was in Excel
2003.

--

mitch wrote:

Hi,
I am using excel 2003. When I delete a workbook sheet, it
doesn't prompt me
to delete, it automatically does it. How can I have excel
prompt me for
workbook sheet deletion? Thanks.

Mitch

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Yep. Well, after I tested once more <bg.

I opened excel in safe mode and then added some worksheets and deleted an unused
sheet. No prompt.

Any chance you have something in sheet.xlt that's causing the prompt?