Bridge

Default Column headings

I am starting a new Excel spreadsheet and want to put text into the column
headings. Please tell me how to accomplish this. Thanks.
Duke Carey

If you mean you want to replace the A, B, C etc that display in gray at the
top of each column then: NO CAN DO.

If your desire to do so is because you want your column labels to always be
visible at the top of the screen, look in the Help file for info on freezing
panes

"Bridge" wrote:

I am starting a new Excel spreadsheet and want to put text into the column
headings. Please tell me how to accomplish this. Thanks.

David McRitchie

Actually there are two parts to this
1) display so that row 1 and column A stay in view (can have additional contiguous rows & columns)
2) Print so that for instance Row 1 and Column are repeated (included) on each printed page

see
Freeze Panes for view and Repeat row/col headings for printing
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm--
---
HTH,