john mcmichael

Default reverse concantination

can we do a reverse concantination where we take values/text that share a
common cell and break them into induvidual pieces alone in their own cells?
StinkeyPete

You can use the left, right and mid functions to pull apart the cell.

"john mcmichael" wrote:

can we do a reverse concantination where we take values/text that share a
common cell and break them into induvidual pieces alone in their own cells?

DaveB

You can also use the Data-'Text to columns' feature. In this case every
record would have to be separated by a common character, like a comma. You
can choose Delimited-comma in this case.

Dave

"john mcmichael" wrote:

can we do a reverse concantination where we take values/text that share a
common cell and break them into induvidual pieces alone in their own cells?

RagDyeR

You can use
<Data <TextToColumns
to perform separations as long as there's something common within the data.

Post back with encompassing examples.

RD