zapadias

Default Can i reduce my file that's 29 MB but filled with blank cells?

I used a macro to import data into a new worksheet. there isn't a great deal
of info the spreadsheet (probably about 29KB) but the worksheet has a size in
excess of 29MB. It seems to be filled with blank cells (no formulae) as the
scroll bar on the right is tiny and if you drag it to the bottom the row
number shows 60-odd thousand. How can I reduce this file so it just saves the
cells with data? The worksheet itself does not have a macro within it.
Paul B

zapadias, have a look here and see if this helps

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"zapadias" wrote in message
I used a macro to import data into a new worksheet. there isn't a great
deal
of info the spreadsheet (probably about 29KB) but the worksheet has a size
in
excess of 29MB. It seems to be filled with blank cells (no formulae) as
the
scroll bar on the right is tiny and if you drag it to the bottom the row
number shows 60-odd thousand. How can I reduce this file so it just saves
the
cells with data? The worksheet itself does not have a macro within it.

saybut

save it as a .CSV file?

--
saybut