Craigshelley

Default Right mouse button

Hi,

I've lost the menu when you right click on the mouse, I have checked in
etc.) This worked, however when I shut excel off and went back to it later
the menu had deactivated again. Is there a way of enabling this menu for good.

Thanks.
Ron de Bruin

Hi Craigshelley

Then a Add-in or workbook that opens when you run Excel do this.
Uncheck all Addins in ToolsAdd-ins
Close /Reopen Excel and activate the add-ins one at the time and
see if the the right click menu is working after you activate each add-in

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Craigshelley" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I've lost the menu when you right click on the mouse, I have checked in
etc.) This worked, however when I shut excel off and went back to it later
the menu had deactivated again. Is there a way of enabling this menu for good.

Thanks.

Dave Peterson

If you're losing that menu, then something is making it go away.

Ron is guessing that you have an addin turned on or an excel workbook in your
XLStart folder that opens and "fixes" your toolbar.

His suggestion is to look in Tools|Addins and turn them all off (keep track of
what you did).

And close excel.

Then find your XLStart folder and move all the files out of that location (again
keep track).

Then start adding things back one at a time. When you find the culprit, you'll
have to either contact that developer and yell (or decide to keep it turned
off).

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm