Kamran

Default '$'

Please define in some of the excel formulas and function we '$' (Doller sign)
what is its function in cell ranges and why it is written like this in few of
the formulas; =IF($A$1=100,.....), and what we call this function.... plz
reply...

With kind regards,
Kamran
Bob Phillips

It locks that cell reference, so if it is copied to another cell, it will
still refer to the same source.

So in your example, if that formula is in B1, and you copy it to B2, it will
still say =IF($A$1=100,...).

If it were relative, =IF(A1=100,...), it would get updated to
=IF(A2=100,...)

--

HTH

RP