dziw

Default Trouble with linked file

Hi

I have been given an excel file by a colleague and the B column the
cells contain the following formula

=IF(A*xx*0,VLOOKUP(A23,'C:\QA\References\[Grading.xls]Grading'!$A$1:$AD$502,2,FALSE),"")
-where xx is the row number-

Now I do not have the 'C:\QA\References\[Grading.xls]' file stored
locally, and there is no way I can get access to it, but strangely
whenever I change the value in the A column the B column is updated
correctly, even though whenever I try to edit the formula I get the
"file not found" dialog.

What I need is the full table of options which are completing the B
column. It must be located somewhere, as there is over 100
possibilities which can be inputted into the A column, and the formula
cell is always updated correctly, without the Grading.xls file!

Please help - it's driving me nuts!

--
dziw
dziw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10422