Alex01

Default Automatic Numbering Upwards

I'm trying to set out a worksheet for payments out for my company. The
only thing that I'm having trouble with is the record number field.
I could type the incremental number at the beginning of each record
myself but I was wondering if it was possible to get Excel to do that
automatically. If possible, I'd like to have it enter the next number
up in the field below when a new record is added. Is this possible?

TIA

--
Alex01
Alex01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26311

Peo Sjoblom

See:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Alex01" wrote in
message ...

I'm trying to set out a worksheet for payments out for my company. The
only thing that I'm having trouble with is the record number field.
I could type the incremental number at the beginning of each record
myself but I was wondering if it was possible to get Excel to do that
automatically. If possible, I'd like to have it enter the next number
up in the field below when a new record is added. Is this possible?

TIA

--
Alex01
Alex01's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396354

Alex01

Thanks for your reply Peo.

Please note I have limited knowledge. I don't understand how to set up
the registry method explained in the link. I have tried to create a
module and inserting the text shown. This has no affect on the sheet.
Maybe I am missing something. I think the module is only for the
invoice format shown.

If possible, I would like to have it explained more simply. I have one
record per row containing fields: Number, Date, Name, Cost etc., and I
would like the upward numbering to affect the number column.

Alex