shikamikamoomoo

Default Prevent #N/A values

I'm using the VLOOKUP function and would like the cells that are FALSE
to be blank instead of produce the #N/A value. I've read several posts
asking similar questions, but I cannot get it to work....

My formula:

=IF($C$9="","",VLOOKUP($C$9,'sheet5'!$N$1:$Q$8,2,F ALSE))

I've seen that people say to put 'ISNA', but I must be putting it in
the wrong place because I can't get it to work. If someone could
please spell it out for me I would greatly appreciate it! As it is
right now I am doing paste special and then search and replace....it's
a real hassle ;)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

--
shikamikamoomoo
shikamikamoomoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21018

Anne Troy

=if(or($C$9="",isna(VLOOKUP($C$9,'sheet5'!$N$1:$Q$ 8,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($C$9,'sheet5'!$N$1:$Q$8,2,F ALSE))

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"shikamikamoomoo"
<shikamikamoomoo.1tvnqi_1124229913.5038@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:shikamikamoomoo.1tvnqi_1124229913.5038@excelf orum-nospam.com...

I'm using the VLOOKUP function and would like the cells that are FALSE
to be blank instead of produce the #N/A value. I've read several posts
asking similar questions, but I cannot get it to work....

My formula:

=IF($C$9="","",VLOOKUP($C$9,'sheet5'!$N$1:$Q$8,2,F ALSE))

I've seen that people say to put 'ISNA', but I must be putting it in
the wrong place because I can't get it to work. If someone could
please spell it out for me I would greatly appreciate it! As it is
right now I am doing paste special and then search and replace....it's
a real hassle ;)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

--
shikamikamoomoo
shikamikamoomoo's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396288

Morrigan

Maybe...

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($C$9,'sheet5'!$N$1:$Q$8,2,FALS E)),"",VLOOKUP($C$9,'sheet5'!$N$1:$Q$8,2,FALSE))

shikamikamoomoo Wrote:
I'm using the VLOOKUP function and would like the cells that are FALSE
to be blank instead of produce the #N/A value. I've read several posts
asking similar questions, but I cannot get it to work....

My formula:

=IF($C$9="","",VLOOKUP($C$9,'sheet5'!$N$1:$Q$8,2,F ALSE))

I've seen that people say to put 'ISNA', but I must be putting it in
the wrong place because I can't get it to work. If someone could
please spell it out for me I would greatly appreciate it! As it is
right now I am doing paste special and then search and replace....it's
a real hassle ;)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396288

shikamikamoomoo

You guys are SUPER!!! Both worked great! I knew it was that simple, but
I couldn't get it.... Thanks a bunch!