Saxman

Default Horse Ratings

I obtained an Excel spreadsheet from a free download sometime ago.
Basically, by typing in a rating for a horse, it calculates the chance
of a horse in fractional odds. I find it very handy after having rated
my own horses.

I would like to find out the formula used, but cannot find it amongst
the spreadsheet. As far as I know the spreadsheet is not protected. On
the first sheet where all the calculations are done, one cannot do any
formatting of cells. This is owing to the options being greyed out. (I
thought it might be useful just in case the formula text is white).

The spreadsheet includes a main sheet and 16 other sheets. Although I
have deleted the 16 sheets, the formula still works on the main sheet,
yet the output cells make reference to another sheet. (I tried this
option temporarily in order to see if a received an error message).
Also, formatting of the other sheets is allowed.

If I copy/paste special the main sheet and 'select all' to another
workbook, the formula does not carry over.

Set below is the user instructions that are on the main sheet.

.................................................. ...................

Spreadsheet for converting a set of ratings into a set of odds.

1The spreadsheet comes with a 5-runner race already rated.
2Highlight column H and press the 'delete' key to begin.
3 Enter the ratings in column H , using cells H1,H2 etc
4The odds, calculated to a 100% book, are shown in cells J1,J2 etc

Notes
A minimum of 3 horses and a maximum of 40 horses is allowed.
If a horse is later declared a non-runner , clear it's cell. Do not
enter N/R or anything else.
Negative scores are permitted.
The 'unusual' SPs of 10/9 and 95/40 are not included in this
conversion
table , the maximum SP allowed is 100/1 and the minimum SP is 1/10.
.................................................. .......................

Any help would be appreciated.
StinkeyPete

Have you looked in the VB editor?

Right click on tabview code

In the project window click on each sheet and see if you can find the
calculation.

"Saxman" wrote:

[...]

Saxman

StinkeyPete wrote:
Have you looked in the VB editor?

Right click on tabview code

In the project window click on each sheet and see if you can find the
calculation.

Cell J1 on the main sheet contains the fomula =BB!G1. Sheet BB is
actually sheet 2 when viewing the code.

When viewing the code and properties for the 'workbook' it shows
asterisks adjacent to 'password', and when I try to copy the formula I
get an error message telling me the workbook is protected. How can I
ascertain this for sure?
StinkeyPete

The 'workbook' sheet is protected. Double click on each of the sheets above
that and look for code.
ex..
Sheet1 (sheet1)
Sheet2 (sheet2)
Sheet3 (sheet3)

"Saxman" wrote:

StinkeyPete wrote:
Have you looked in the VB editor?

Right click on tabview code

In the project window click on each sheet and see if you can find the
calculation.

Cell J1 on the main sheet contains the fomula =BB!G1. Sheet BB is
actually sheet 2 when viewing the code.

When viewing the code and properties for the 'workbook' it shows
asterisks adjacent to 'password', and when I try to copy the formula I
get an error message telling me the workbook is protected. How can I
ascertain this for sure?

Saxman

StinkeyPete wrote:
The 'workbook' sheet is protected. Double click on each of the sheets above
that and look for code.
ex..
Sheet1 (sheet1)
Sheet2 (sheet2)
Sheet3 (sheet3)

I have done that and cannot see code on any pages? It must be somewhere?