Nicole

Default Macro Entry

I am working on a spreadsheet and I know how to turn on and off the macro.
However, I want to enter information (once the macro is turned on) and have
the macro then move me to the next cell once information is entered.

I have used keystokes, but the keystrokes are recorded.

Thanks.

Cosmic

Hi, one way to do it is to have two macros, one to do the things before you
enter information, and the other to do the key strokes and cell moving.

If you can be more specific, maybe I am able to help you.

--
Rgds,

Cosmic

"Nicole" wrote:

I am working on a spreadsheet and I know how to turn on and off the macro.
However, I want to enter information (once the macro is turned on) and have
the macro then move me to the next cell once information is entered.

I have used keystokes, but the keystrokes are recorded.

Thanks.

FSt1

hi,
could realy use more info like how your data is layed out and what you have
to input etc.
the only thing i could suggets is an input box in a loop.
but is the cellpointer going across or down? or across then down? how much
input?
and how do you exit the loop?
Regards
FSt1

"Nicole" wrote:

I am working on a spreadsheet and I know how to turn on and off the macro.
However, I want to enter information (once the macro is turned on) and have
the macro then move me to the next cell once information is entered.

I have used keystokes, but the keystrokes are recorded.

Thanks.

Earl Kiosterud

Nicole,

You can't enter stuff into cells while the macro is running. The other
replies give some possible solutions, though it's not clear what your trying
to accomplish.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Nicole" wrote in message
I am working on a spreadsheet and I know how to turn on and off the macro.
However, I want to enter information (once the macro is turned on) and
have
the macro then move me to the next cell once information is entered.

I have used keystokes, but the keystrokes are recorded.

Thanks.

Nicole

Thanks for the input. Here is more detail. Let's say as an example I am
using column 1, rows A-Z and Column 2 rows A-Z

I want to start in A1 enter data then have it move to A2, enter data, then
b1, etc.

But in some of the fields I have drop down options.

I am somewhat new to macros - in the past I have used Lotus and in those
macros you could build the macro to allow input i.e. "??" would represent
data to be entered. If you are interested in assisting with this, please
email me at and I would be happy to forward a sample
document.