JDM

Default Tabs Hidden in Format Cell Box

When I right click on a cell and hit Format Cell, the lower tabs in the box
that comes up giving me the options for formatting are hidden. I can see the
upper tabs but not the lower tabs, why is this?
Jim Rech

I've heard of this before and the 'problem' was that the user had selected a
large DPI setting under Control Panel, Display Properties, Advanced,
General. Setting to Normal fixed it.

--
Jim
"JDM" wrote in message
| When I right click on a cell and hit Format Cell, the lower tabs in the
box
| that comes up giving me the options for formatting are hidden. I can see
the
| upper tabs but not the lower tabs, why is this?

swatsp0p

Which version of Excel are you using? I use 2003, and only have tabs on
the upper part of the Format Cells box (Number, Alignment, Font, Border,
Patterns and Protection). The lower part of the box have the OK and
Cancel buttons.

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396122

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Petereit

Jim Rech Wrote:
I've heard of this before and the 'problem' was that the user had
selected a
large DPI setting under Control Panel, Display Properties, Advanced,
General. Setting to Normal fixed it.

--
Jim

I'm experiencing this same problem. And yes, I do have my DPI cranked
way up. I understand when you say that setting the DPI back down to
normal "fixed it", but that's NOT a fix -- it's a workaround. The
problem still exists, and I think Microsoft needs to address it.

Mark

--
Petereit
Petereit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29214