rapidito78840

Default how to cancell my own name on excel file ?

Hello:
just to know if I can put a question for the program Microsoft Excel
2003 on your forum?
because I want to know how to cancell to view my own name on a file on
excel, what I manage or saved on my pc, because when I open this file,
on the documents properties, on estadistics, show my own name.... and
this its what I want to cancell, because I dont want this files show my
name.
I try reinstalling this program again with another name, but its the
same, my name its still there, and I think excel take my name from my
system windows...
can you helpme on this please ?
thanks

--
rapidito78840
rapidito78840's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26326

rapidito78840

Thanks:
somebody sendme this and do the job very well:

Why is it important to remove personal information from a workbook?

*When you do not want to expose your personal details when posting a
question with an attached
*sample workbook to a Web forum.
*When sending a workbook by mail.
*When publishing a workbook on a Web site that allows downloading.

To remove personal information from a workbook:

1. From the Files menu, select Properties, and then select the Summary
tab.
2. Remove personal information and click OK.
To remove personal information from a workbook in Excel versions 2002
and 2003:
3. From the Tools menu, select Options, and then select the Security
tab.
4. Check Remove personal information from file properties on save and
then click OK.

thanks thanks thanks :) :) :)

--
rapidito78840
rapidito78840's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26326
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=395976

Dave Peterson

Couldn't you just do:

File|Properties|summary tab
and change that author's name to something else

If you close the workbook, you could do this from windows|Explorer, too.
Rightclick on the file
choose properties
and change the author on the Summary tab