sharmila

Default MS EXCEL does not let me insert a column

MS Excel does not let me insert a column. It displays an error message thus-
To prevent possible loss of date, MS Excel cannot shift non-blank cells off
the work sheet.
What should I do to insert a new comumn?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

saybut

Had that problem a couple of times.

Try selecting all the blank columns to the right of your data and then
deleting them, sometime the blank cells might have a format on then.
Then try inserting your new column.

That's only worked for me a couple of times though.

the alternative is copy the data into a new workbook, that usually
works.

--
saybut
saybut's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5949

Dave Peterson

XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;211769

Remember to look for comments and merged cells.