bbc1

Default Save As

I would like to put a button on a spreadsheet and run a macro that will bring
up the save as dialog box.
Peo Sjoblom

Application.GetSaveAsFilename

you can look up GetSaveAsFilename method in help

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"bbc1" wrote in message
I would like to put a button on a spreadsheet and run a macro that will
bring
up the save as dialog box.

RagDyeR

Do you realize that you can add the existing command icon to your toolbar?

Right click on the toolbar and choose "Customize".
Click the "Commands" tab and in the left window click "File".
Scroll down in the right window and click on "Save As",
And drag it to your ToolBar.

Since this command has only a text icon, and no default image icon assigned
to it, you can then click on "Modify Selection",
Then click "Change Button Image", and choose one of the icons in that
window.
--

HTH,

RD

"bbc1" wrote in message
I would like to put a button on a spreadsheet and run a macro that will
bring
up the save as dialog box.

bbc1

Thankyou found a script on this which I could apply to a command button on
the worksheet
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("SAVE.AS?()")

"bbc1" wrote in message
I would like to put a button on a spreadsheet and run a macro that will
bring
up the save as dialog box.

Member

Location: London
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc1

"bbc1" wrote in message
I would like to put a button on a spreadsheet and run a macro that will
bring
up the save as dialog box.

AaAaAaAaAaAagggghhhhh.........