Lollycat

Default My formula won't calculate

I have the cells formatted for numbers and the formula is too simple to mess
up =SUM(G3-I3) but it simply won't calculate! What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.
paul

should be written as Sum(G3:I3).If you hit F9 does it work?If it does you
have inadvertently set calculation to manual go to
toolsoptionscalculation,set caclulation to automatic.
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Lollycat" wrote:

I have the cells formatted for numbers and the formula is too simple to mess
up =SUM(G3-I3) but it simply won't calculate! What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Max

Some observations:
1. Do you mean: =SUM(G3:I3) instead of =SUM(G3-I3) ?
2. Press F9 - does it compute properly ? If so, then the calc mode was on
manual. To check / change calc mode: Click Tools Options Calculation tab
3. Is the formula cell formatted as text ? Check / change to either General
or Number via: Click Format Cells Number tab, then re-enter the formula.

--
Rgds
Max
"Lollycat" wrote in message
I have the cells formatted for numbers and the formula is too simple to

mess
up but it simply won't calculate! What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Earl Kiosterud

Lollycat,

=SUM(G3-I3) is equivalent to =G3-I3. You should get the difference, G3
minus I3.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com