yourproblemslvr

Default Help with formula

I hope someone out there can help! I am not sure if a formula can be
written for this. Here goes... I have numbers in columns C,D,E,F and
G. I would like to write a formula that will do this - if the number
in column C is an odd number, add 1, then if the number in column D is
odd, add 1 again, and so on for E, F and G. So say three of the
numbers in the five columns were odd, I should have three as my answer.
Then I need to do the same but for even numbers. I have tried
everything I can think of.

--
yourproblemslvr
yourproblemslvr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26254

TommySzalapski

There is a very easy solution for you... The MOD function. =MOD(number,
devisor) What is does is devide the number by the devisor and return the
remainder. For example: MOD(7,5) returns 2. Even better (for you)
MOD(5,2) = 1; MOD(6,2) = 0. Summary MOD(any odd number, 2) = 1.
MOD(any even number, 2) = 0.

This should be very easy to implement.

Szalapski

--
TommySzalapski
TommySzalapski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25561

Biff

Hi!

For ODD:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(C1:G1,2)0))

For EVEN:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(C1:G1,2)=0))

Biff

"yourproblemslvr"
<yourproblemslvr.1tohec_1123895108.9901@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:yourproblemslvr.1tohec_1123895108.9901@excelf orum-nospam.com...

I hope someone out there can help! I am not sure if a formula can be
written for this. Here goes... I have numbers in columns C,D,E,F and
G. I would like to write a formula that will do this - if the number
in column C is an odd number, add 1, then if the number in column D is
odd, add 1 again, and so on for E, F and G. So say three of the
numbers in the five columns were odd, I should have three as my answer.
Then I need to do the same but for even numbers. I have tried
everything I can think of.

--
yourproblemslvr
yourproblemslvr's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=395508

yourproblemslvr

I need 2 formulas for the following:

Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If
the numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in one
column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into another
column.

Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If
the individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.)
total the I need to show the number of times it was used in the
columns.

For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the number
is 5; the same with 2, then 3 all the way thru 100.