-   -   Open a Lotus 1-2-3 file using Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40168-open-lotus-1-2-3-file-using-excel-2003-a.html)

Teri

Open a Lotus 1-2-3 file using Excel 2003

I was emailed a file saved in Lotus 1-2-3. I have Excel 2003 and get an
error that it can't open Lotus 123 files. Surely if Word can open a
WordPerfect document, Excel can open a Lotus 123 file. What am I missing?

Jim Rech

Excel cannot open files in the .123 format. It can read the older WK4
format. You might ask the sender to save a copy in the older format and
send it to you. There is a program that can do the conversion, Conversions
Plus from www.dataviz.com, but I doubt you want to spend $50 or whatever it
is to open one file.

--
Jim
"Teri" wrote in message
I was emailed a file saved in Lotus 1-2-3. I have Excel 2003 and get an
error that it can't open Lotus 123 files. Surely if Word can open a
WordPerfect document, Excel can open a Lotus 123 file. What am I missing?

Teri

Thanks, Jim - and you're right about the $50.

"Teri" wrote in message
I was emailed a file saved in Lotus 1-2-3. I have Excel 2003 and get an
error that it can't open Lotus 123 files. Surely if Word can open a
WordPerfect document, Excel can open a Lotus 123 file. What am I missing?

Frank Situmorang

Open a Lotus 1-2-3 file using Excel 2003

Are you sure that all formulas in your lotus can also work in Excel, as far
as I know only simple formua can work, if it's Vlook up, etc can not work

Frank