Voodoodan

Default Intersections

Hi,

Is there any way in which I could click in any cell on a workbook and
the column would highlight up to that cell, and the row would also
highlight up to that cell?

It's something that might make data entry a lot easier when viewing a
couple of documents at the same time!

Dan.

--
Voodoodan
Voodoodan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=597

Anne Troy

You could try something like this, Dan:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Voodoodan" wrote
in message ...

Hi,

Is there any way in which I could click in any cell on a workbook and
the column would highlight up to that cell, and the row would also
highlight up to that cell?

It's something that might make data entry a lot easier when viewing a
couple of documents at the same time!

Dan.

--
Voodoodan
Voodoodan's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=597
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=395322

Brian Synowiec

Try putting this in ThisWorkbook module:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
As Range)
Sh.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
If Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then
With Rows(Target.Row).Interior
.ColorIndex = 6
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
End If
If Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then
With Columns(Target.Column).Interior
.ColorIndex = 6
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With

"Voodoodan" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way in which I could click in any cell on a workbook and
the column would highlight up to that cell, and the row would also
highlight up to that cell?

It's something that might make data entry a lot easier when viewing a
couple of documents at the same time!

Dan.

--
Voodoodan
Voodoodan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=597
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=395322

dominicb

Good afternoon Voododan

It's certainly possible, although there are issues with running code
that is constantly updated in that this would constantly clear the undo
stack - if you make a mistake, there is no undo facility to fall back
on. Chip Pearson provides a routine to run to do this he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM...ightActiveCell

Although he has written an add-in that's much more enhanced - and free,
so try that.

HTH

DominicB

--