Esrei

Default Sumproduct

I want to sum the total weight of a shipment.
I have weight per carton in (a), and nr of cartons in c.
In C1 I want a formula that would take the weight per cartop (per line)
multiply it by the nr of cartons (same line) and then add it all together.
I think I must use sumproduct.
Thaks
Bernard Liengme

Weights in A1:A20; number of cartons in B1:B20
Total weight =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A20, B1:B20)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Esrei" wrote in message
I want to sum the total weight of a shipment.
I have weight per carton in (a), and nr of cartons in c.
In C1 I want a formula that would take the weight per cartop (per line)
multiply it by the nr of cartons (same line) and then add it all together.
I think I must use sumproduct.
Thaks

saybut

you could just do, in D1

=a1*c1

and then copy the formula down for all your rows, then in a blank cell
to the right of your formula results (say if you've got the results in
column D), just put =SUM(D1:D45) & substitue the last number there
(D45) with however many rows you're dealing with.

--
saybut
saybut's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5949