BannerBrat

Default Sum with two conditions

I'm hoping someone can help me here.
I'm tring to sum column C if it equals B and equals A.
For example:
DF GF HG JK JP
Planes
Trains
Automobiles
A B C
Name Trans. Num
JP Planes 1
JP Trains 3
GF Automobiles 4
JP Planes 5
GF Trains 6
JK Automobiles 7
DF Planes 8
HG Trains 9
HG Automobiles 4
JP Planes 3
GF Trains 2
JK Automobiles 1

--
BannerBrat
BannerBrat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5485

Zack Barresse

Hi there,

Check out some of these resources ...

http://www.mrexcel.com/wwwboard/messages/8961.html
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html

You may be able to use some kind of permutation from this ...

=SUMPRODUCT(C1:C100,--(B1:B100="JP Planes"),--(A1:A100="JP Planes"))

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"BannerBrat" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Duke Carey

You can do this easily with a Pivot table

or you can use a formula like this, which assumes:

1) your data is in the range A10:C:30
2) you have the words Planes, Trains, etc in cells A2:A4
3) your codes DF, GH, etc are in cells B1:F1

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A10:A30=B$1),--(B10:B30=$A2),C10:c30)

copied through the range B2:F4