charlie'smom

Default changing word files to excel files

I am trying to convert traditional addresses created in Word into tab or
comma delimited files in Excell with no luck. I need these addresses in a
string format with name in one cell, address in another, city in another,
state, in another, and zip in another. How do I do that? I tried saving
them as CVS after I imported them into excell and it didn't work! Help
Dave O

I'm guessing in Word they are "stacked", as in
Name
Address
City State Zip

.... and you want to bring them into Excel. What is your desired format
in Excel?

charlie''smom

I need them in a string type format. any type of delimited file. I would
use them in the mailing computer to CASS certify them and it takes straight
excell files or tab or comma delimited files. also aschii files. I have
converted them into excell and go through the conversion wizard thing that
asks are they fixed length or delimited.... and nothing happens. Most of my
customers send in the files the way I need them, but this one sent in a
stacked file. Help