Gaby

Default Can't copy an Excel worksheet

I have been unable to make a copy of a worksheet within a file or by copying
it to a new workbook. When I try copying it to a new file, the new workbook
appears temporarily and then disappears. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

I am using Excel 2002.
Dave Peterson

How are you copying the worksheet?

ctrl-click and drag

click on the worksheet tab and edit|move or copy worksheet.

I've never had any trouble with this kind of thing. Maybe you could try doing
the same stuff when you start excel in safe mode.

close excel
windows start button|run
excel /safe

File|open your workbook
and copy that worksheet.

======
Another alternative while you're trying to figure out what's going on.

Open your workbook
file|Save as|a nice new name
delete the worksheets you don't want.
Save that new workbook with just that worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

If you think it's corrupted, then I think you may want to start rebuilding it.

If the workbook ever gets so bad you can't open it, well, you know the rest of
the warning!

===
Ps. The one workbook that I had that was corrupted had the same kind of
problem. I could move the sheet, but I couldn't copy it. I rebuilt that one
sheet and haven't had any trouble since. (But man, oh, man, it was a pain
rebuilding the worksheet.)