cnote

Default how to insert a permanent + sign??

Can anyone tell me how you insert a "+" sign in a cell that contains a
formula, and make it permanently stay in the cell with the answer? For
example, I would like for my cell once the formula is completed and the
answer is returned in the cell to read "+60" or "-60". I can't find any
options for this, and I can't figure out how to write a macro/vba to
make it do this. Can anyone help???

--
cnote
cnote's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26184

aristotle

Go to Format-Cells-Number-Custom and paste this format within the format
text box:

+_-* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-* "-"_-;_-@_-

"cnote" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how you insert a "+" sign in a cell that contains a
formula, and make it permanently stay in the cell with the answer? For
example, I would like for my cell once the formula is completed and the
answer is returned in the cell to read "+60" or "-60". I can't find any
options for this, and I can't figure out how to write a macro/vba to
make it do this. Can anyone help???

--
cnote
cnote's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26184
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=394921

raguraj

This format must help you to display + sign for positive numbers, - sign
for negative numbers and no sign for zero. If you want to display
decimals, add as many zeros after a decimal point. e.g,
+0.00;-0.00;0.00

--
raguraj
raguraj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26186