sabrol

Default Formulas in a cell

Hi, new the the forum.... :)
I needed some help regarding formulas and text in one cell. What i'm
trying to do is develop a simple formula to calculate a simple number.
The formula i have is: =(R3*12)-((R3*12)*0.1)

But the problem (or myabe not a problem :( ) is that i need it to show
as such: $103.57;1;NO;Case Price

Is it possible to have a formula and text in the same cell, if so, how?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Saurabh

--
sabrol
sabrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26156

cvolkert

The formula i have is: =(R3*12)-((R3*12)*0.1)

But the problem (or myabe not a problem ) is that i need it to show as
such: $103.57;1;NO;Case Price

I'm not 100% sure that I follow - are there any criteria that determine
what text will follow the value? If not, you can concatenate as
follows:

=(R3*12)-((R3*12)*0.1)&";1;NO;Case Price"

This should do the trick. If there are formulas to determine the 1, NO
and Case Price, then you can connect them using &. The & serves as a
connector - you just have to be sure that any text has " before and
after it. Let me know if you have other questions - Chad

--
cvolkert
cvolkert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24380

Peo Sjoblom

One way

=TEXT((R3*12)-((R3*12)*0.1),"$#,##0.00")&";1;NO;Case Price"

You could also use a custom format like

$#,##0.00";1;NO;Case Price"

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"sabrol" wrote in
message ...

Hi, new the the forum.... :)
I needed some help regarding formulas and text in one cell. What i'm
trying to do is develop a simple formula to calculate a simple number.
The formula i have is: =(R3*12)-((R3*12)*0.1)

But the problem (or myabe not a problem :( ) is that i need it to show
as such: $103.57;1;NO;Case Price

Is it possible to have a formula and text in the same cell, if so, how?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Saurabh

--
sabrol
sabrol's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=394807

sabrol

awesome, i'm going to try it out and i'm sure it should work. Thanks
guys! ;) :)