Tanmen

Default how to open 1-2-3 files with excel

I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with excel. I need help.
Timothy L

Office File Converter Pack

This includes LOTUS32.CNV, which is the Lotus 123 converter. You should note that you can ONLY OPEN Lotus 123
files with this converter.

"Tanmen" wrote in message
I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with excel. I need help.

Paul Sheppard

Tanmen Wrote:
I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with excel. I need help.

Tanmen

Try this:

Open Excel File Open at the bottom of the dialogue box it says
"Ffiles of type", click on the down arrow and scroll down to select
Lotus 1-2-3 Files

Hope this helps

Paul

--
Paul Sheppard
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783

Gordon

"Paul Sheppard"
wrote in
message news:Paul.Sheppard.1tjmef_1123668310.8674@excelfor um-nospam.com
Tanmen Wrote:
I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with excel. I need help.

Tanmen

Try this:

Open Excel File Open at the bottom of the dialogue box it says
"Ffiles of type", click on the down arrow and scroll down to select
Lotus 1-2-3 Files

Hope this helps

Paul

That only opens the old *.wk files - it won't open the newer *.123 files.
(Or vice versa - can't remember which is newer!)

Timothy L

The only other option I could give to you is to download and install the Windows version of OpenOffice.org 2.0
Beta 2 as it does open Lotus 123 files (ending in .wk1, .wks, and .123).

You can find more information about OpenOffice.org at, well...
http://www.openoffice.org/

and you can download OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta 2 he
http://download.openoffice.org/2.0beta2/index.html

Select your language (most likely English), then under "Select your operating system" select "Windows". The
last one which asks you to "Select your download site", select the location which is closest to you. So if you
live in the United States, you should select one the "USA-" options.

You should note that ONLY OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta 2 has this converter (filter) at the time of this post. I'd
assume that later versions will continue to have it, but I cannot say for sure.

Also, I cannot tell you that this method will work, but you should give it a try.

If you don't like to install or use beta software (like me), then you might want to wait for the final version
of OpenOffice.org 2.0. I'm testing OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta 2 on my other computer which I don't care much
about or use very often. I just happened to notice that OpenOffice.org 2.0 Beta 2 could open these files when
testing something in OpenOffice.org Calc.

This may sound like too much of a hassle for you, but I hope it helps.