almann101

Default Spreadsheet where categories at side don't move out of view?

In the left hand column of my budget spreadsheet I have the various
categories of income and expenditure listed with their relevant dates etc.
This is fine when I am on the same page as the left hand column however, once
I scroll across I lose sight of what each row corresponds to and they simply
become numbers.

How do I create a left hand margin or column which will scrioll along almost
like a picture frame around my work so I can always see what each cell
relates to more clearly?

Many thanks

tjtjjtjt

Click on cell B1 and then go to Window (the menu) | Freeze Panes. Then,
Column A should always be visible.

If you click into B2 and then go to Window | Freeze Panes, then Column A and
Row 1 will stay on the screen.

Basically, any rows/columns above or to the left of the cell you click on
will remain on the screen.

--
tj