careyc

Default Linking cells

I'm trying to set up a worksheet where I can type something into one
cell, and the information automatically shows up in another cell that I
designate. I tried using functions, but I get different results.
Basically, I want the designated cell to be blank until something is
entered in the source cell. I was able link the cells by using "=" and
"+" and setting the cell format to "General". However, I get a "0" in
the designated cell when nothing is entered in the source cell. Is
there a better way?

Thanks in advance!

--
careyc
careyc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26064

Paul Sheppard

Hi careyc

Lets assume the cell you want to link from is A1 on Sheet1, to cell A1
Sheet2

In cell A1 sheet2 use the following Formula:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

--
Paul Sheppard
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783