chermaine

Default How can i put a negative sign on a range of selected cells?

I would like to know is there a way to help putting a negative sign on
the selected cells.
Actually I have to transform the +numbers filled in the cells into a
negative numbers by simply putting a negative sign in front. Right now
i am so stupid by amend each cell whereas i have at least 50 cells to
change, so I wonder is there a way can speed up these kind of data
entry process??

Peo Sjoblom

One way. put -1 in an empty cell, select that cell, copy it, select the 50
cells you want to convert, do editpaste special and select multiply

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"chermaine" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to know is there a way to help putting a negative sign on
the selected cells.
Actually I have to transform the +numbers filled in the cells into a
negative numbers by simply putting a negative sign in front. Right now
i am so stupid by amend each cell whereas i have at least 50 cells to
change, so I wonder is there a way can speed up these kind of data
entry process??

Pierre

Put your data requiring a negative into columm "B"
Into another column you've created (lets say column "A") place a minus
sign.

Place this into column C: =A1&B1

Copy down all of column C, and you've got negative numbers.
If you need to replace column B, copy, and paste as values all the data
in column C, to wherever you like, back to column B, you may delete
column A.

Pierre

Biff

Hi!

Did you try this?

You can't enter a minus sign into a cell without entering it as TEXT: '-

When you concatenate A1 and B1 you end up with a TEXT string and not a
negative number.

This will work:

=(A1&B1)*1

But Peo's suggestion is the best way to accomplish this.

Biff

oups.com...