-   -   How do I disable border double-click navigation in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39014-how-do-i-disable-border-double-click-navigation-excel.html)

jeb4nardo

How do I disable border double-click navigation in Excel?

When you select a cell in Excel 2002 (I believe this is true in other
versions as well) and double-click on the top or bottom border you will be
taken to the cell at the beginning or end of your data. This is similar to
pressing CTRL + HOME, CTRL + END, etc. How do I disable the mouse function
that allows border double-click navigation?

Thanks!

Dave Peterson

This disables that feature, but it also breaks something nice.

Tools|options|Edit tab|uncheck Allow cell drag and drop.

(I like dragging and dropping, so I've learned to be more careful where I
click.)

--

Dave Peterson