Alias in pivot table

Default Can you use alias' for 'groups' in pivot tables ?

Looking for a way to use an alias to provide more descriptive name than
Group1 or Group2 in Excel Pivot Table.
Debra Dalgleish

Select the cell that contains the label Group1, and type a new name.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Alias in pivot table

Debra...

You made my day ! Got a spreadsheet formatting question answered at work
and you solved tmy group1/ name/rename question ! Only question is how much
easier could it have been...just didn't see it as an editable field.

Thanks Again
Chip

PS...Now, how long do I have to wear my BIG DUMMIE button ?

Alias in pivot table wrote:
Looking for a way to use an alias to provide more descriptive name than
Group1 or Group2 in Excel Pivot Table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Alias in pivot table

Many Thanks....since the buttons were linked to the column titles, thought
for sure the button titles couldn't be changed or edited . . . unless you
change the column titles in the source document.

Guess I'll have to wear the dummies button another day.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

And in the event you return to the thread and weren't aware of it, you can
also dbl+clk the gray 'buttons' that display your field names, "Sum of...",
etc. and replace them with something you might prefer.

Regards |:)

On 8/6/05 12:22 AM, in article
, "Alias in pivot table"