Sean

Default Backup Spreadsheet while open

Hi All
Here is a tough one. I have an excel spreadsheet that I want to backup every
hour though out the day. Problem is it's open all the time. I though of
creating a bat file with XCopy but access is denied when open. The
spreadsheet is on a Windows 2003 Small business Server. All workstations are
XP Pro.
Any help or ideas will be most welcome.
Thanks Sean
Norman Jones

Hi Sean,

Try Jan Karel Pieterse's invaluable AutoSafe addin which is freely
downloadable from:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

JKP's addin can be configured to save copies at user defined intervals to a
user desginated location.

Using the addin permits any of the sequential backup copies to be opened or
restored.

---
Regards,
Norman