Claude

Default Arrow Keys in Excel

While typeing in Excel, my arrow keys suddenly changed from moving from "cell
to cell" to scrolling the screen. I cannot figure out how to change the keys
back so that they move from "cell to cell."

Any suggestions?
Damon Longworth

Hit the scroll lock key.

--
Damon Longworth

Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
Sept 16th and 17th
Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Claude" wrote in message
While typeing in Excel, my arrow keys suddenly changed from moving from
"cell
to cell" to scrolling the screen. I cannot figure out how to change the
keys
back so that they move from "cell to cell."

Any suggestions?

Claude

Thanks, it would be nice if info like this was in the Help file.

"Damon Longworth" wrote:

Hit the scroll lock key.

--

"Claude" wrote in message
While typeing in Excel, my arrow keys suddenly changed from moving from
"cell
to cell" to scrolling the screen. I cannot figure out how to change the
keys
back so that they move from "cell to cell."

Any suggestions?

Doug Kanter

"Claude" wrote in message
Thanks, it would be nice if info like this was in the Help file.

Look at the bottom right of your Excel window as you turn scroll lock off &
on. You'll see the abbreviation "SCRL". Not *that* helpful, but at least an
attempt was made. Now....are you turning on scroll lock intentionally while
doing some other computer work, or does your machine default that way when
booted?