mkerstei

Default Need help with equation

I have 5 values:
Annual
Semi-annual
Quarterly
Rolling Four
Monthly

Annual = 365, Semi=183, Quarterly=90, Rolling=90, Month=30.

There are 6 rows that can have one of the values in them.

Can anyone help me write and equation that searches all 6 rows, finds
the smallest value, and converts it into its corresdponding number?

ex. If, of the 6 rows, 3 of them had values in them. Annual,
Semi-annual, and Monthly respectively. The equation would return 30,
because Monthly is the smallest value.

Thanks.

--
mkerstei
mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25688

Andrea Jones

If you have your values 365 ... 30 in cells B2:B6 and your values you are
calculating on in cells B9:B13 you can use the following formula to find the
value you are after:

=OFFSET(B1,MATCH(MIN(B9:B13),B9:B13,0),0)

Andrea Jones
www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
www.stratatraining.co.uk
www.allaboutclait.com