Chris Hofman

Default worksheet ? of ?? in workbook

I know about page numbering in the header or footer, but I need some way to
put the worksheet number (if counted from left to right) and the total number
of worksheets in my workbook in cells on my worksheets.
Does anyone know how to program some funtions that I can put into cells
that I choose so that these numbers will automatically be generated and
changed, even if I remove or add a worksheet, or change the order of the
worksheets in the workbook (from left to right), without having to run a
macro all the time.

Chris Hofman
FSt1

hi,
In the header or footer(left, right or center) put this

&[Page] of &[Pages]

there are icons for both. click the page icon, type 2 spaces then the word
of then 2more spaces. last click the pages icon. or you can type out the
whole line.

Regards
FSt1

"Chris Hofman" wrote:

I know about page numbering in the header or footer, but I need some way to
put the worksheet number (if counted from left to right) and the total number
of worksheets in my workbook in cells on my worksheets.
Does anyone know how to program some funtions that I can put into cells
that I choose so that these numbers will automatically be generated and
changed, even if I remove or add a worksheet, or change the order of the
worksheets in the workbook (from left to right), without having to run a
macro all the time.

Chris Hofman

Chris Hofman

I'm sorry,

This is not what I mean. I have a workbook with several worksheets that may
or may not contain more than one page. I already have the page numbers in the
header and footer. But someone might only print one worksheet, and then the
page numbering in the header/footer might say: Page 1 of 1. This is
confusing. I want people to see on the printed page that there are more
worksheets in the document then only that one page, and I need that
information on my worksheet, automatically if possible.
But thanks anyway.
Chris Hofman