Trish

Default Moving a row

Excel 2003 - I have several rows of data. I need to move the bottom row
further up. If I simply cut and paste, or drag and drop, the moved text
will overwrite what was already there. With technology constantly being
improved, has Microsoft come up with a way of avoiding that, ie if the row
was moved in a certain way, eg by holding down an additional key, or
whatever, can the rows above and below the destination make way for the new
row to be inserted? Otherwise I always have to insert a blank row before
moving the row up.

A big ask probably, but worth a try!

Thanks.

Bob Phillips

Could you not cut and paste the whole row and then insert the row at the new
location, by selecting the whole row at that new location then InsertCut
Cells?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Trish" wrote in message
Excel 2003 - I have several rows of data. I need to move the bottom row
further up. If I simply cut and paste, or drag and drop, the moved text
will overwrite what was already there. With technology constantly being
improved, has Microsoft come up with a way of avoiding that, ie if the row
was moved in a certain way, eg by holding down an additional key, or
whatever, can the rows above and below the destination make way for the

new
row to be inserted? Otherwise I always have to insert a blank row before
moving the row up.

A big ask probably, but worth a try!

Thanks.

Piranha

Trish,
Another way,

Highlight the row you want to move.
Right Click and select "Cut"
Highlight row where you want to insert the data.
Right Click and select "Insert Cut Cells"

It will insert the cut row above the one you have highlighted.

This help?
Dave

Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20435
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392800