Daetinuviel

Default cell formatting problems

I installed Office 2000 onto my desktop before I reformatted the hard drive
and everything worked fine. I reformatted and then got a laptop. For some
reason certain functions are now refusing to work. Funtions such as:
formatting individual cells and colouring individual cells (or lines). I
can't change any of the cells properties...the window doesn't come up at all
when I do Ctrl+1. Also, when I try to colourize some cells...nothing happens.
Please, please help me. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled with no
resolution to the problem. I've tried installing different features from my
CD-Rom and that too had no luck. I really don't know what else it could be.
Any assistance you can offer will be immensly appreciated.

Thank you.
Anne Troy

Try Excel troubleshooting:
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Daetinuviel" wrote in message
[...]

Bryan Hessey

I have run 2000 Office on 3 laptops and currently am doing that on an XP
system, but have not experienced the problems described.

My Ctrl/1 produces cell properties, and the remaining functions operate
correctly.

Do you have a problem in MS Word, can you draw a table and make cells
in there ?
(in MS Word, click Table, Draw Table, draw a box size and then split it
into cells)

Under Start, Control Panel, Keyboard, is the keyboard correctly
described?

Does the problem occur in just one Workbook/ Worksheet? - if you create
a new sheet does it still happen?

Any other clues?

added:
Sorry Anne, your post wasn't there when I started this.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392784