GaryK

Default adding ".jpg" to an entire column

Hello all, I have a simple task that is very time consuming. I have a
column (column B) that has part numbers in it. I also use the part
numbers for the pictures on my website. I need to add a .jpg to every
part number in that column and theres quite a few rows. Any help would
be appreciated!

Thanks!

--
GaryK
GaryK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25891

GaryK

Please help... I need this done tonight... I swear ive tried it all

--
GaryK
GaryK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25891
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392761

GaryK

Ill paypal $5 to the person that tells me

--
GaryK
GaryK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25891
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392761

Lomax

GaryK

assuming the part numbers start in cell b1;
Place this in c1 and fill down. =b1 & ".jpg"
after you have completed the fill down you can copy and paste special values
to remove the formulas.
Hope this helps
lomax
"GaryK" wrote in
message ...

Hello all, I have a simple task that is very time consuming. I have a
column (column B) that has part numbers in it. I also use the part
numbers for the pictures on my website. I need to add a .jpg to every
part number in that column and theres quite a few rows. Any help would
be appreciated!

Thanks!

--
GaryK
GaryK's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392761

Piranha

Gary,
If you want a macro try this, put it in a general module:

Sub InsertStuffAfter()
Dim cell
For Each cell In Selection
cell.Value = cell.Value & ".jpg"
Next cell
End Sub

"Select the cells you want changed" and then run the macro.

This help?
Dave
GaryK Wrote:
Hello all, I have a simple task that is very time consuming. I have a
column (column B) that has part numbers in it. I also use the part
numbers for the pictures on my website. I need to add a .jpg to every
part number in that column and theres quite a few rows. Any help would
be appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Piranha
Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20435
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392761

GaryK

Two good ways thanks,

Email me both of your adress's and ill paypal it.