Debbie

Default Excel Files

How can I alphabetize files within a folder? I have Microsoft Office Excel
2003. thanks
doco

In your explorer window there should be a header - "Name". Just click this
and it will sort Ascending or Descending. Just click on it until you get
the desired results. It will display an arrow to the right of "Name"
indicating Ascending or Descending. this works for each of the column
header showing in your explorer window.

HTH

"Debbie" wrote in message
How can I alphabetize files within a folder? I have Microsoft Office Excel
2003. thanks

Ken Macksey

Hi

If you actually want the files written to the folder in order as opposed to
just displayed in order like the old Norton DirSort used to do then get the
free program Foldersort at

http://www.jetman.dircon.co.uk/software/foldersort.html

It works with Xp and I have used it for quite a while with no problems. Test
it for yourself first on copies of files in a folder.

HTH

Ken

Debbie

In explorer the column I have is "folder" not name. Actually, I found if I
go to "open" file and right click, I can arrange by name so I'm ok now.
thanks for replying. Deb

"Debbie" wrote in message
How can I alphabetize files within a folder? I have Microsoft Office

Excel
2003. thanks

Bob Phillips

That's odd, folder doesn't even seem to be an option on my machine, it is in
the address line. You can also get the name. Goto ViewChoose Details... and
check the Name box.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips