-   -   how to print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38420-how-print.html)

reneabesmer

how to print

dear friends. i have data in a WorkSheet. there are hundreds of records.
some time i need to print different rows. For example
i have rows from 1 to 2000
and i want to print row No 3 , 66 , 100 , 200, 1050,453,987,235,
so i do it manually and i copy them and paste them in another worksheet
which is really a hard task. so i want to know the easiest way how to print
my desire rows on one page. like is there any possibility to select my desire
rows and then select them like set" print area" etc
if any body may help must be appreciated.
thanks.
Paki Guy

Bryan Hessey

I am not aware of any clever way to do this, but I would use a helper
sheet, firstly copy your worksheet and on a blank Sheet2 select A1 and
Paste Special and select Formats to copy the column formats.

Next, for each row required in column A put
=Sheet1!a1
where the !A1 increments as !A3, !A66, !A100 etc
when you have all the A columns set, select them all together and
formula-drag them across as many rows as are used.
(to formula-drag, drag the small + sign in the bottom right corner of
the selection)

This will give you a copy as required for printing, will allow you to
re-sequence the printed rows, and will be available for following
months, and it's easy to do.
You will need to take care with empty cells, they may show as 0 in the
copy.

Hope this helps

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392451

Jim May

use data auto-filter - then print your selected/visable cells.
Then Unfilter to view all your records.
HTH

news:Bryan.Hessey.1t6qio_1123067129.6551@excelforu m-nospam.com...

reneabesmer Wrote:
dear friends. i have data in a WorkSheet. there are hundreds of
records.
some time i need to print different rows. For example
i have rows from 1 to 2000
and i want to print row No 3 , 66 , 100 , 200, 1050,453,987,235,
so i do it manually and i copy them and paste them in another
worksheet
which is really a hard task. so i want to know the easiest way how to
print
my desire rows on one page. like is there any possibility to select my
desire
rows and then select them like set" print area" etc
if any body may help must be appreciated.
thanks.
Paki Guy

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392451

Dave Peterson

Just to add to Jim's reply.

I'd insert a helper column (say a new column A). But don't include it in your
print range.

Then use an indicator in that column for the rows you want to print (X = print,
blank = don't print).

Then filter by that column to show X's.
then print
then data|filter|show all.

reneabesmer Wrote:
[...]

Hiii , i am sorry i know other methodes how to print different Rows in the
same page but i thought may be Various print areas may help me so that's why
i asked the question.
anyhow still looking forwad that someone may help me

reneabesmer Wrote:
[...]

Dodo

"?B?cmVuZWFiZXNtZXI=?="
wrote in :

Hiii , i am sorry i know other methodes how to print different Rows in
the same page but i thought may be Various print areas may help me so
that's why i asked the question.
anyhow still looking forwad that someone may help me

Normally, if you select non-contiguous ranges for printing (select the
ranges whilst depressing Ctrl, go through File/Print area/Define), they
land on separate pages.

Ron de Bruin offers a solution with a macro and a function:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm

Printing non-contiguous areas on one page

I have not tested this so I donot know how it works.
It would be nice if you could set the ranges to be printed when running
the macro.

And I found this amazing piece of info about a hidden feature in Excel:

http://www.theofficeexperts.com/foru...php/t-967.html

Maybe labour intensive to use in your situation too, but . . . . play
with it.

Another simple way maybe slighty less time consuming:

http://www.exceltip.com/st/Adding_non-
contiguous_ranges_to_a_single_contiguous_range_for _printing_in_Microsoft_
Excel/199.html
Too long? TinyURLed: http://heh.pl/&1rv

There is probably a lot more to find with a google for:

excel non contiguous print area

It is really flabbergasting when roaming the internet and see what nice
solutions to problems people have devised!!

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)