doc

Default One More Formula Question

I need to get a specific total from the following criteria. I have data
in 2 columns and need to get a total based upon specific entries in the
cells in thoses columns. For example:

Column A has 4 choices from a picklist. (N,P,C,R)
Column B has a different set of choices. (ENG,OP,T&E,RS)

What I need to do is be able to get an answer for how many N's are also
ENG's

Thanks

--
doc
doc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1434

Anne Troy

Try this, Doc:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel.h tm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"doc" wrote in message

I need to get a specific total from the following criteria. I have data
in 2 columns and need to get a total based upon specific entries in the
cells in thoses columns. For example:

Column A has 4 choices from a picklist. (N,P,C,R)
Column B has a different set of choices. (ENG,OP,T&E,RS)

What I need to do is be able to get an answer for how many N's are also
ENG's

Thanks

--
doc
doc's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392300

PokerZan

Sounds like an application for a Pivot Table to me...

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

PokerZan

Sounds like an application for a Pivot Table to me...

'Try here for some tips on them...' (
http://www.exceltip.com/excel_tips/E...Tables/32.html)