Vass

Default Dulpicate rows

I have imported a load of data from an accounts package and for some reason
every line is duplicated once
How do I remove the duplicated rows in one action ?

I used to do this in Lotus 1-2-3 with a CELL REF compare with the cursor
position looking
at the cell below, IF SAME DELETE kinda thing

any ideas for Excel ?

thanks
--
Vass

Karthik

Hi Vass

If all the entries are repeated and are in adjucent rows you can do
this simple exercise.
Insert a new column and write 1in every odd row and 2 in every even row
till the last non blank row. Now put an auto filter, select 1 or 2 ,
this will show one set of entries. Select the visible cells and do CRTL
- (minus) or right click and select delete rows.. When prompted "Delete
Enrire Row?" click OK. Now remove the filters and you have only one set
of entries.

This can also be done using simple VBA code..

Thanks
Karthik Bhat
Bangalore