-lee

Default reverse enties in a field

we have an excel file with names and addresses in it.
The name filed contains both the last name then a comma and then the first
name all in one field.
Is there a way to automatically break this field apart into two seperate
fields so we can do better manipulation to the data?

Thanks

Lee
Karthik

Hi Lee

Here is an example.. You can use the formulas

Type the name is cell A1 (last, first) and then enter these formulas in

B1 =3DMID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)=AD)
C1 =3DMID(A1,1,FIND(",",A1)-1)
If the name in cell A1 is last, first (without space after the symbol
"," ) then the formula in cell B1 will have to be

B1 =3DMID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,LEN(A1)=AD)

Now you can copy paste these two in any no. of rows...

Thanks=20
Karthik Bhat=20
Bangalore