Vince

Default How do i past link and transpose simultaneously?

Hi,

trying to copy data organized vertically and paste-link them in an
horizontally-organized worksheet.

Any idea on how to do that without having to copy/paste link each cell
individually?

thx

vince
tjtjjtjt

An alternative to copying and pasting:
Select all the cells you want to transpose into.
Type =Transpose(cellstotranspose)
Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter

For example, if you select four cells in a row, type =Transpose(A1:A4) and
then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter, you will get the values from A1:A4 Transposed.
Since the results are generated with a formula, they will be linked to the
original cells.

tj

"Vince" wrote:

Hi,

trying to copy data organized vertically and paste-link them in an
horizontally-organized worksheet.

Any idea on how to do that without having to copy/paste link each cell
individually?

thx

vince

Max

"heppa" wrote
Tried that but I still get an error.
Any other "tricks" I need to include
when using TRANSPOSE with links? ...

Another way (non-array) which might be a little easier to enter ..

Assuming source table is in Sheet1, A1:C3

In Sheet2
---------
Put in A1:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1,ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)
Copy A1 across to C1, fill down to C3

Sheet2 will return the dynamic transpose of the table in Sheet1
--
Rgds
Max

Dave Peterson

One more "trick":

You could try this:

Copy|paste special|paste link
(but in an out of the way location)

Then select those cells
edit|replace
what: =
with: $$$$$= (some unique string)
replace all.

Now those formulas are strings

Copy|paste special|transpose

select the range
edit|replace
what: $$$$$= (same string)
with: =
replace all

And clean up that out of the way helper range